Snake Pits Rap Centre

Log in or register in order to participate in points battles, points rankings/leagues. Enjoy your visit.
Snake Pits Rap Centre

SPRC is a music forum dedicated to the betterness of the Hiphop industry. It offers a wide range of battle rap categories which includes the Text battles, Audio/Video battles as well as Live Battles. Welcome to the real Rap Industry

Hottest Rappers Of The Week

Basic Multis Tutorial

TactiQ
Admin
Admin

Basic Multis Tutorial

Post by TactiQ on Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:07 pm

√√√√**Quantum Shunners HandBook**√√√√

Part 1 - Basic Multis Training!

Ill try to explain this as most smoothly as i can, lets move together as i explain. If you have any questions as you read through, feel free to ask. I am your father for god's sake!

%%%+Definition & Understanding of Multis!+%%%

What are multis? Where did they come from? The word multis is short for "Multi-Syllables". So in this case, we'll split the two & define them seperately to gain a better understanding. Multi means - basically two or more!(In our case, words) A syllable is how many specific sounds/vowels are pronounced in a word(sometimes a phrase).

For example, the word FIGHTING has two syllables because we have two different specific sounds that make up "Fight-ing"(Vowel sounds - 'Ah' & 'E').

You could go on counting the syllables in a lot of other words.

Two-syllable words: Dressing, Handle, Candle, Stressing etc…

Three syllable words: Pakaging, Fantacy, Gratitude, Latitude etc…

The syllables keep increasing in different words. We can also use phrases when counting syllables(This is what we forcus on in multis)…

two-syllable phrases: Thank you, Task Force, Ask For, LandLord etc…

Three-syllable phrases: Hollywood shows, Prolly should know, Bollywood pro's, Market place, QSR etc…

Now we know what syllables are all about. Now lets mix the definitions of Multi & Syllables to form multis.

Multis is when you rhyme two or more syllables in each line of a bar! Ill need you to understand that definition well before proceeding.

Here's what i mean by rhyming more than two syll's in each line of a bar.

Example: Am a god with punchlines, i'm always wit the BETTER HAND, but your bars are like peter pan, they are known to NEVER LAND! Ive capped the 3-syll multis just to indicate my emphasis on them. See how each line of that bar is rhyming more than one syllable? Lets break them again.

Bett-er-hand

Nev-er-land

^ "Bett" has got the same inner sound as "Nev", same applies to the "Er" sound in between. Then back to "Land" &" Hand". See how the pattern in the first line is also used in the second line? That's how a perfect multi rhyme should be created.

Firstly, pick the number of syllables you are going to use.(in my case i used 3)

Secondly, pick a word or phrase that has the exact number of syllables as you have chosen(in my scenario, i chose BETTER HAND)

Thirdly, Find words for the second line that will have the exact number of syllables & that also rhyme perfectly with the first word or phrase that you chose.
Then thats it!

This is a full multis tutorial, if you feel you haven't understood that well, just read through over & over again untill you get it. After that, try coming up with your own multi scheme & post it in the comments section for feedback!

*Prepared by the QSR AllFather & ArkGeneral for the fam*

*****QSR*****

√√√√*1*√√√√

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:07 pm