Snake Pits Rap Centre

Log in or register in order to participate in points battles, points rankings/leagues. Enjoy your visit.
Snake Pits Rap Centre

SPRC is a music forum dedicated to the betterness of the Hiphop industry. It offers a wide range of battle rap categories which includes the Text battles, Audio/Video battles as well as Live Battles. Welcome to the real Rap Industry

Hottest Rappers Of The Week

Basic Punchlines Tutorial

Poll

HOW WAS THIS TUTORIAL?

[ 5 ]
56% [56%] 
[ 3 ]
33% [33%] 
[ 1 ]
11% [11%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 9
TactiQ
Admin
Admin

Basic Punchlines Tutorial

Post by TactiQ on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:19 pm

This is a basic tutorial, so ill try to make this as easy as i can. Read carefully.

Firstly:

What you must know & understand is the Term "Punchline", how to form it, how & when to use it.

What is a Punchline? A punchline is defined in different ways by reason of different mentalities, interlectual & experience.
We can define it as: The final part of a joke - Why? becouse every punchline has that "feeling of laughter" after it is executed perfectly.A punchline can also be expressed or ellaborated as: A diss to be-little your opponent.
Now get this concept. What really matters in the understanding & incorperation of a punchline is the joke concept that is in it.
In short, Every punchline must have a joke attached to it. And thats where humor comes in, as a sub-punchline, an internal impact-causer of a punchline.

Now that you know & understand the defination of a Punchline, am sure you're asking yourself, "how can i form those dope punchlines i see from vets". Don't worry, every journey has got a first step!

The Contents/Structure Of A Punchline

Every perfect punchline follows a structure, it has contents that need to be observed whenever you're forming them.
Humor - When people are reading a punchline, there's always a part that makes them go "WOW!!!" This can be either a joke or a diss.
Set-Up - The set-up one of the most important aspects of a punchline, it is more like a Composition/letter-Introduction, an introductory line. It gives you a clue of what the end-punchline will be like even before reading it. It always comes before the humor, before the main punchline concept.
The Main Concept/Reference - This is what now makes up the punchline, what makes it hit hard & firm. The reference forms up two concept posibilities, it will either form a metaphor concept or a wordplay concept which should be brought out/executed with a force of Humor around it.

Now that you know what a punchline is made of, you'll now have to learn how to put/join the set-up, reference & humor.

How To Form The Punchline

Punchlines are the most difficult-to-form amoung the categories of rap. Here's a basic way of forming them.
Firstly, gather/think of a reference on any preferable topic. Here's an example of how i formed one. Eg, i thought of a "bold statement(type of punchline)" a personal concept that had to do with my opponent. I concluded that he was an "average battler", so i took the "Average" concept and brainstormed it into a wordplay concept(became a reference). My next step was, to think of any other topic that has to do with "average".I Thought of a couple concepts, but had to pick the best one. So what i got was: A mathmatics topic called "Factors" involves the finding/solving of "average" numbers.
So there i was, i then came up with this; I'll have this "Average Solved" like a "topic on factors" - see how ive used the Average Concept to form a reference?
Now my next step was to figure out the set-up, the introductory line, the line that would introduce the "average concept". I thought of the meaning of "average" in the Rap industry, when a rapper is Average, they aren't a vet, nor heavy weight, but rather "more of a light weight", more or less. So i took "feather weight/slightly lighter than light weight". My set-up was: Ive seen your battles on pages, you're a "feather-weighted," and all your Droppings are done trash!Now here's the full view of the punchline with both the set-up - end punchline concept/reference:

I've see your battles on pages, you're a "feather-weighted", & all your Droppings are done trash. So ill finally have this "Average Solved" like a "Topic On Factors"

^ Thats a good example of a Basic punchline structure & concept. Stay tuned to this forum for more tutorials!!!

- DSM Clique

Last edited by TactiQ on Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:12 pm; edited 3 times in total

daniel grim
Light Weight Battler
Light Weight Battler

Re: Basic Punchlines Tutorial

Post by daniel grim on Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Okay I understand but can you make a pun out of any words that can be connected to others EG #FRACTION" etc ama kinda blank on that ??
TactiQ
Admin
Admin

Post by TactiQ on Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:55 pm

@daniel grim wrote:Okay I understand but can you make a pun out of any words that can be connected to others EG #FRACTION" etc ama kinda blank on that ??

According to my understanding, yes you can. You just have to think/brainstorm about it sensitively untill you catch a concept that you're comfortable with. Every word/thought that you think might turn out to be a concept should be considered important & legit

daniel grim
Light Weight Battler
Light Weight Battler

Post by daniel grim on Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:40 pm

Arrrrrrrr lately been having problem with punchlines .. They more like word having the same meaning right?
TactiQ
Admin
Admin

Post by TactiQ on Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:32 pm

@daniel grim wrote:Arrrrrrrr lately been having problem with punchlines .. They more like word having the same meaning right?

Give an example of what you mean bro

Cyclopx
Light Weight Battler
Light Weight Battler

Post by Cyclopx on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:57 am

This Is Awesome
TactiQ
Admin
Admin

Post by TactiQ on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:25 am

@Cyclopx wrote:This Is Awesome

Tsup bro, thanks for reading. Hope it was of use.

#XoNe45 Till Death!!!!

Mc_Yhunq
Light Weight Battler
Light Weight Battler

Post by Mc_Yhunq on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:44 pm

Am New HeRe Buh The TuToRS are AweSoMe
TactiQ
Admin
Admin

Post by TactiQ on Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:57 pm